Do you fancy a bit of color in the lengths? How about tinting your hair? We explain to you what to look out for.
Do you want more color in the lengths? Tinting your hair is easy for a new look. We tell you how to apply the color correctly, what you have to pay attention to and how tints differ from a coloration.
Tinting or dyeing hair: what’s the difference?
If you want a darker hair color, a special effect, or if you want to refresh the color, then a tint is sufficient. The color pigments are only placed around the hair. Dyeing the hair, on the other hand, is more invasive: the pigments are introduced into the hair by chemicals.
Have you been thinking for a long time whether tinting or coloring your hair is better? You just can’t decide between tinting, intensive tinting, or coloring? Our list of advantages and disadvantages will help you.
- Revive the hair color and gives the hair shine
- does not contain any chemicals (developer) and only covers the hair externally
- washes up within six to eight washes back out
- leaves no mark
- does not cover gray hair
- ensures a permanent change in hair color
- contains ammonia and opens the cuticle so that the color can get into the hair fiber
- does not wash out, it creates a beginning. By the way, with these tips, you can dye your hair yourself at home
- ensures reliable gray hair coverage. Here we give you tips on what to look out for when dyeing gray hair wanting.
The hair needs special care for keeping the color fresh for a long time. Here we show you how you can take care of colored hair.
Can you tint bleached hair?
Do you have bleached hair that you want to tint? Then you should consider the following points:
- Beware of the color dilemma: the darker bleached hair is to be tinted, the more dangerous the result can be. Bleaching roughens the hair structure, the tint or color can end up being uneven or even get a nasty green or orange tinge.
- Keep your eyes open when choosing a color: If the original blonde shade is warm, then warm shades such as golden blonde, golden brown, and chestnut brown are suitable. if it is a cool shade of blonde, it is better to use a cooler shade. Here we have even more tips for blonde hair.
Tinting your hair – you should pay attention to that before
First of all, it is important to know whether there are allergies, for example to ammonia. On the other hand, it helps to protect the hairline with an oily cream. This prevents paint residues on the scalp.
In addition, you shouldn’t wash the hair before tinting it, just moisten it – this creates a natural protective coat around the hair and the tint is gentler on the hair.
If you are already facing problems like over-toning hair while trying hair coloring or tinting, don’t worry try these steps for fulfilling expectations.
Hair tinting in four steps
Cover the bathroom and clothing and protect them from paint splashes, for example with an old, dark T-shirt or towel.
Apply the tint to washed or damp hair with the applicator. Alternatively, massage the color into your hair or distribute it with a comb. So the result will be even.
The exposure time depends on the hair type, the desired color intensity, and the information on the package insert.