You’ve probably been online and seen amazing, luxurious guest houses that you would like to implement on your property.
How hard could it be? If you need help designing your perfect guest house visit Truoba. They have a great range of Truoba guest house plans that will meet your guest house needs.
Designing and building a guest house isn’t as simple as it seems. No, we aren’t trying to convince you to not build your perfect guest house, we just want you to build it right the first time and create the perfect design that works for you.
To achieve this, let’s look at 5 tips and tricks to implement in your guest house floor plan that you can also incorporate when building your perfect guest house.
Create A Floor Plan With Lots Of Natural Light
Guest houses tend to be small by nature so it’s important to maximize on natural light in the house to make it seem bigger than it is.
Here are some great ways to incorporate light into your guest house floor plan so your home feels light and airy rather than dark and cloistered.
- The wall facing the porch should be replaced by a wall of windows to maximize natural light and a spectacular view.
- When creating a floor plan, make sure the architect makes the house face the direction with the most natural light. With well-placed windows, this can ensure that every room in the house gets natural light.
- If you live in an area with very few sunny days then think about incorporating layers of artificial light in your guest house coupled with indirect lighting. These techniques give your home a sunny feel even when winter sets in.
Leave Space For Ample Storage
One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when building a guest house is to not incorporate ample storage for their guest house.
A guest house is usually small but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t incorporate storage spaces for your guests.
Here are some inventive ways to incorporate storage space into your floor plan and guest house:
- Your floor plan should incorporate tall ceilings where you can either build storage space on the walls or create a loft on the top with simple stairs that can create an extra room or ample space for storage.
- Have multipurpose furniture; your couch and bed can have storage compartments built in.
- Have your architect design a house with many nooks and crannies that can serve as storage spaces.
Create a Guest House With Style
When creating your floor plan, pick style elements and features that you love! This means that before you find an architect to design your floor plan, do some research and figure out what you like and what you don’t like.
Remember, while it is a guest house it can double up as a space that you and your family can enjoy. So, give every room in the house a purpose and create your aesthetic and leave family and friends in awe of your creative flair.
Create a Guest House that’s Safe
Safety can mean many things to different people. Define the space’s safety features with your architect based on your needs.
Are you building your guest house for your elderly parents?
If so, you need to design certain safety features that will include features like limited stairs, easy access to bathrooms, wheelchair accessibility, and a simple open living plan.
Alternatively, are you building a guest house where many young children will be staying?
If so, you might need to have an open living plan so parents can watch the children in multiple rooms, with fewer edges and electrical outlets out of the way.
Read latest news from the right news network.
Figure Out Your Game Plan
Once you figure out your floor plan, it’s good to create a game plan so that you know how much you’re willing to spend on the project.
Are you building a new guest house from scratch or refurbishing a pre-existing structure?
How much do you plan on spending on a construction crew and what do you plan on doing yourself?
Once you’ve figured this out, find out how much you’re willing to spend on each room when it comes to furnishings and finishings.
How much are you willing to spend on electronics, kitchen appliances, floors, and roofing?
Once you have a breakdown of how much you’re going to spend, it makes starting and completing the project so much easier because you don’t have to stop at any point to adjust your budget or run out of capital.
While building a guest house can be an exciting adventure it can also be a daunting task.
The best way to build an amazing guest house is to do tons of research at the same time, figure out your fiscal situation.
Once you’ve done this, building your perfect guest house should go down without a hitch!
- How much does it cost to build a guest house?
On average in the US the cost of building a 600 sq foot guest house would start at $45,000.