To score high grades and percentile in your class 8 science exam, going through the NCERT textbooks is the best solution. NCERT textbooks are the best source to help you score above 95% with ease in Class 8. Many schools and institutes follow the NCERT course pattern.
NCERT contains several chapters to enhance your knowledge on every topic related to science. It covers the basics of almost every topic that you will study in further classes. The course is designed to help children apply theoretical knowledge in practical situations.
Each chapter has several activities that help you understand the scientific procedure in your daily tasks. The motive of adding such activities in the course is to help children relate what they learn to various practical solutions. Moreover, the content of NCERT textbooks is written in a simple language, that students can understand easily. The NCERT curriculum is structured to enhance your knowledge with better understanding.
In class 8 science, you need to have a basic knowledge about different science topics because from class 9 onwards, you will start learning advanced topics, related to the basics you’ve learned in class 8.
You can get the hard copy of NCERT textbooks from a store or download the free pdf available on different portals like Vedantu. Along with the textbooks, you also get access to the beautifully designed e-learning modules, created by advanced and trained teachers at Vedantu, which you can use to practice your learnings. You can download the free pdf for each chapter separately from an online portal and can get access to the information for each chapter with the questions for your practice.
The chapters in class 8 science are as follows:
- Chapter 1 – Crop Production and Management
- Chapter 2 – Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Chapter 3 – Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Chapter 4 – Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- Chapter 5 – Coal and Petroleum
- Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame
- Chapter 7 – Conversation of Plants and Animals
- Chapter 8 – Cell- Structure and Functions
- Chapter 9 – Reproduction in Animals
- Chapter 10 – Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- Chapter 11 – Force and Pressure
- Chapter 12 – Fiction
- Chapter 13 – Sound
- Chapter 14 – Chemicals Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena
- Chapter 16 – Light
- Chapter 17 – Stars and the Solar System
- Chapter 18 – Pollution of Air and Water
Every chapter is based on different topics about science and nature. It is designed to teach students the fundamentals of each topic. There are 18 chapters in the class 8 science syllabus. Hence, you need to plan your study strategy and make a preparation schedule. You need to give time to each chapter, according to their weightage in the exam.
Here, we have mentioned a few essential tips that students can follow, to prepare for your class 8 science exams and score more than 95% easily. These include –
- You need to analyze the pattern for the exam. The paper pattern may change, hence, you should be up to date with the latest exam pattern. This will help you allocate proper time to each topic. Also, check the weightage of each chapter in the exam. Chapters like 6 (Combustion and Flame) and 12 (Fiction) usually have high weightage in the exam. You should focus more on the chapters with a higher weightage as compared to others, because, higher weightage means more questions would be asked from these topics. Hence, you would have to dedicate more time to these chapters.
- After properly analyzing the exam pattern and the weightage, you should make a study schedule and follow it regularly. This way, you’ll be able to complete the syllabus on time, with adequate time remaining for revision and solving papers, before your science exam.
- Always prepare a to-do list at the start of your day. Add all the tasks and chapters you need to finish in one day in the list and keep it in front of you so it is visible to you. This will remind you of the goal you need to complete at the end of the day. By doing this, you can be more focused and feel enthusiastic about completing your goals.
- Do not forget to prepare notes while reading each chapter. These notes will help you revise all the main and important points during revision before your exam. Revise these notes regularly and keep adding any important information.
- Once you have completed your syllabus, you should start solving the previous year’s question papers as well as the sample question papers. Solving the previous year’s question papers will help you identify the type of questions that are usually asked in the exam. You can also identify if there is any question that has been asked several times over the years, as such questions may have a higher chance to be asked this year also. Going through these questions can help you prepare well for your exam.
- Having group study sessions once or twice a week can help you clear your doubts and topics you are getting confused about. Group studies can be beneficial for understanding the subject. Studying in a group with your friends can help you understand the topics and questions very well. You may also find a better way to structure your answer and get more marks in your exam.
- It is also important to get adequate rest as it helps your brain and body function properly. If you study for long hours without giving rest to your brain, you will get exhausted and not concentrate on what you are studying, ultimately wasting your time.
Making a study schedule and following it diligently, to prepare for your exam, is very important. It is also essential that you increase your writing speed so that you can complete your exam paper on time. Practice as many questions as possible and revise what you’ve learned regularly.
By following these tips, you can surely score more than 95% in your class 8 science. Good luck!