Being clear about the digital transformation stages is considered to be the key to success in this particular area and further be clear about the basic definition of digital transformation is important for the companies. Digital transformation is nothing but the comprehensive process of improving the current business procedures and ensuring that organisations can remain competitive in the whole industry without any kind of problem. Hence, digital transformation can be referred to as anything from the modernisation of information technology to the digital optimisation to the invention of new business digital models so that organisations can utilise the best possible technology up to the best possible levels and can create the best business processes without any kind of hassle.
Following are the most important stages of the digital transformation process:
- Business as usual status quo: This particular process will be directly dealing with the current state of the organisations in terms of their existing processes so that people can have a complete idea about them and make the right decisions.
- Present as well as active: This is considered to be the time of experimentation throughout the organisation in which innovation and creativity will be perfectly encouraged and people will be able to improve their digital literacy skills throughout the process without any kind of hassle.
- Formalised: When the experimentation will become much more intentional the initiatives will further become clearer which is the main reason that companies need to start looking for leadership in the process to become much more formalised in their approaches.
- Strategic: This is the point when groups and people among the groups will be starting to collaborate and share the research to become successful by creating the strategic plans for the transformation throughout the process.
- Converged: The formulation of the dedicated digital transformation team will always help in guiding the entire strategy, establishment of the goals and put the systems into the places so that people can support the entire transformation throughout the process and are further very much successful in terms of fulfilling the digital transformation goals.
- Innovative adaptive: When the digital transformation will become a component of the business the leadership will be establishing the system for monitoring the technology as well as market trends so that people can evolve throughout the company and continue to survive successfully without any kind of problem.
Normally there can be several reasons why the digital transformations fail among the companies and the following are the most important reasons behind the failure:
- People: People are considered to be the most important asset of the organisation because they can either break or make the entire transformation process. So, being clear about the culture and people aspect is very much important throughout the process of digital transformation because these are considered to be one of the most important six pillars of the successful ones. So, being clear about this aspect is very much important throughout the process.
- Poor communication: Announcing the transformation initiative is not the right way and it is very much advisable for the people to communicate very well with the team about it. So, be clear about leadership is the best possible way of surviving things perfectly so that everything becomes much more specific as well as actionable than before. It is very much important for the people to have proper access to the right kind of initiatives throughout the process so that everything becomes very much manageable and communication strategy is paid proper attention.
- Lack of measurement: People cannot have a successful digital transformation if they fail to define success what means to them. So, companies normally go with the option of assuming that they can monitor the progress about being clear about key performance indicators but further being clear about the changing way is very much important so that monitoring of the effects can be carried out without any kind of hassle.
Hence, it is very much advisable for the organisation to move in a much-planned manner and further being clear about all the above-mentioned points is very much advisable so that companies can have the best possible plan of action for introduction, analysis and the driving of the digital transformation initiative forward.