Dandruff and an itchy scalp can be a nuisance. No matter what you try, dandruff always seems to come back. Several fancy shampoos and DIYs promise you the annihilation of dandruff but can hardly deliver results. The reason behind this is they fail to target the problem from the root. Ketoconazole addresses the problem and thus uproots it completely. Ketocozonale is mostly found in shampoos that doctors recommend.
Ketoconazole shampoo is a medicated formula for hair that helps you combat fungal infections affecting the scalp. These infections can make your scalp itchy and inflamed. Ketoconazole is used to treat different kinds of fungal infections on the skin and is known to fight dandruff as well.
Besides dandruff, you can also treat psoriasis, which can be very troublesome if not treated at the early stages. If you have similar hair problems, you might want to consider getting ketoconazole shampoo for yourself.
You can either go for the best ketoconazole shampoo online without a prescription or go to a doctor’s appointment who is most likely to suggest a shampoo that contains ketoconazole.
Types of Ketoconazole Shampoos
There are different types of shampoos available over the counter. OTC ketoconazole shampoos have 1 percent or less ketoconazole. It is the most used formula for people who wish to buy one without a prescription
It is mild for the scalp, and you can test the substance without exposing your skin to too much risk. However, if you are looking for a more concentrated dose of ketoconazole, try shampoos that have 2% of it. Most shampoos that contain 2% of ketoconazole are doctor recommended and must be bought only with a prescription. Therefore before you go for 2% ketoconazole shampoo, it is best to get yourself checked by a dermatologist.
Using a ketoconazole shampoo helps fight dandruff and other scalp related fungal infections.
Ketoconazole Shampoo Uses
Ketoconazole shampoos effectively treat dandruff, but the uses are not limited to it. You might want to know about all the uses before you buy the best ketoconazole shampoo:
- Dandruff:dry scalp can cause dandruff, while sometimes seborrheic dermatitis may pass off as dandruff. Seborrheic dermatitis is a fungal infection caused by an overgrowth of Malassezia.
- Psoriasis:ketoconazole is used to treat psoriasis, which is an inflammatory skin disease that can cause skin flaking, redness, and skin plaques. However, before you self-treat yourself, it is best to visit a doctor for professional advice.
- Tinea Infections:ketoconazole also helps treat tinea capitis and tinea Versicolor caused by the overgrowth of a kind of yeast that lives on your skin.
- Hair loss:if you face the predicament of hair loss, ketoconazole shampoo can also prove beneficial for it.
Now that you know all about the uses, you can proceed and buy best ketoconazole shampoo. If you are planning on buying a 1% ketoconazole shampoo, you can get any good over-the-counter shampoo from your nearest chemist or online stores. However, if you think you need a more strong dosage of the same, it is best to consult a dermatologist before buying the product. Since the formula is strong, it may cause side effects if not used properly and in the right quantity.
How to Use Ketoconazole Shampoo?
Using a ketoconazole shampoo is as easy as ABC. Although it is medicated, it does not involve complicated steps. Follow the below-given steps to get the best results:
- Step 1:Wet your hair thoroughly, just like you would do while taking a shower or bath.
- Step 2:Apply enough shampoo so that it causes lather sufficient to clean your hair and scalp. Ensure that you coat every hair and do not leave out your scalp. Your scalp needs the treatment more than the hair as the fungus develops and thrives on the scalp itself.
- Step 3: massage the scalp gently and thoroughly to ensure that the product seeps deep into it. With all your pores open now, it becomes easy for the shampoo to penetrate.
- Step 4:once you are satisfied that the product is well applied to your hair and scalp, you can now wash off the product with warm water. The warm water ensures that the pores have completely opened. This helps you achieve the best results.
- Step 5:repeat the process, or as is directed by your dermatologist.
- Step 6:wash your hair carefully and towel dry it afterwards. Use a clean and washed towel to do so. Do not go too hard while drying the hair as it could cause breakage.
If your doctor recommended you spot treat, apply the shampoo on areas inflicted, keep it for five minutes, and wash it off. Do not keep it for a long time as it can cause more harm than good.
Using a ketoconazole shampoo is not very difficult. It requires you to be more careful and laborious than regular washing. Otherwise, the process is pretty much the same. It works wonderfully well for dry, itchy, and inflamed skin and makes your hair nourished and grow faster.