We like to think we live in a safe world and when compared to two centuries ago, we most definitely do, yet there are always things that you can do to make life a little safer, especially around the home. While you might think your home is as safe as it could be, there are dangers everywhere, and in this article, we offer the homeowner some tips to make their living space safer.
- Home Security– You can never have too much security in your property and one of the best ways to deter would-be intruders is to install CCTV cameras around the perimeters of your house. The cost is a small price to pay for the peace of mind you have when your home is being watched 24/7 by a video surveillance system.
- Electrical System – There is an element of danger with any electrical system and you should install a safety cut switch that automatically shuts off the power in the event of a short circuit. Whether you buy electrical products for a factory or a home, it makes sense to choose an established supplierof quality components. It makes sense to have your electrical system checked every year and this is something that your local electrician can do.
- Exterior Lighting– It can be dangerous walking in the garden without lighting, but if you install motion sensors, the lights will come on and that could prevent an accident. Motion sensor exterior lighting is also a good deterrent to would-be burglars and your local electrician can wire up some outdoor LED fittings and waterproof the connections.
- Smoke Alarms– These handy gadgets are so cheap, you can have one in every room and on the upstairs landing. Check the batteries every couple of months and who knows, they might just save your life! If you are planning to build a stand-along guest house, click here.
- Fire Extinguishers– One in the kitchen and one in the garage would suffice and you can order these online and have them delivered to your door. A fire blanket in the kitchen is another good idea and make sure the units are inspected regularly, a service the supplier offers. Click here for Thai government information about fire safety.
- Video Doorbell– These are inexpensive and you can see who is at the door before opening it. Order online, download the smartphone app and you are good to go. It takes about 3 minutes to attach the device on your front door and that’s it!
- Automatic Gates – This certainly sends out the right message and there are custom gate suppliers who can design, fabricate and install a sliding electric gate. Google will help you make contact with the right company and they would be happy to pay you a visit and quote for the project.
There are quite a few things that you can do to make your home a safer place and this will give you peace of mind.